Read the new Policy Brief ‘Return Migration in Bulgaria: A Policy Context of Missed Opportunities’ written by Evelina Staykova and published by Österreichische Gesellschaft für Europapolitik
in the frame of the #WB2EU project.
The policy brief focuses mainly on the demographic crisis in Bulgaria, the phenomenon of return migration as a possible solution and need for a thorough re-evaluation of current policies concerning return migration in Bulgaria.
In the policy brief the author Evelina Staykova proposes the following policy recommendations:
1. Identifying and managing the main obstacles to return.
2. Ensuring better interconnectedness between the ‘diaspora’ and the policies of
3. return migration in order to facilitate return and re-integration.
4. Developing a comprehensive package of measures dealing both with decisions
5. to emigrate and return.
6. Better implementation of the national policies and strategies in the field of migration.
Access the full Policy Brief here: https://www.oegfe.at/wp…/uploads/2022/11/PB-172022.pdf…
The Policy Brief is published in the framework of the WB2EU project. The project aims at the establishment of a network of renowned think-tanks, do-tanks, universities, higher education institutes and policy centres from the Western Balkans, neighbouring countries and EU member states that will be most decisive for the enlargement process and Europeanisation of the region in the upcoming years. The WB2EU project is co-funded by the European Commission under its Erasmus+ Jean Monnet programme.