The NBU does not afraid of diversity and on 18 December we celebrate the International Migrants Day. Inspired by both, professors and students from the Center for Migration Studies (CERMES) are organizing the thematic week 'Diversity and Migration.' Science, teaching, and art will open diverse horizons for understanding the links of migration to development and rights, for sharing innovative policies and practices from the world, Europe and Bulgaria, and for building an interdisciplinary community.
- 13.12. | 18.00 | 405 Hall, Building 2 of the NBU - public lecture "Mobile Balkans. Anna Krasteva, Head of the Centre for Migration Studies
- 14.12. |15.00 | Facebook - announcement of a call for participation in a collective publication "Migration and Local Development. The example of Harmanli and the Haskovo region"
- 15.12. | 14.00 | MOM office - field visit for the students of the migration courses of the Department of Political Science at the office of the International Organization for Migration and meeting with Dr. Radoslav Stamenkov, Head of the International Organization for Migration Mission in Bulgaria
- 16.12. |6 pm | NBU - Arrangement of the exhibition "Faces of Diversity" in the foyer of the NBU Aula. Authors - Vanina Ninova, a student at the Department of Political Science and winner of the Moser Award for Excellence in the Study of Political Science and Civic Valor and Ivan Atanasov, Editor-in-Chief of Sakarneuz.
- 17.12. | 17.00 | NBU - Opening of the exhibition "Faces of Diversity" and Migration Café at NBU. Together - lecturers and students, colleagues from different departments, professors, staff, and friends of NBU and CERMES - for exchange and idea generation.